Can the ‘Indefinite Detention’ Bill Send Americans to Military Prison Without Trial?
From The Blaze we read:
U.S. Citizens suspected of terrorism and caught on U.S. soil forfeit their rights to due process and the presumption of innocence underlying the Constitution.
That appears to be the current position of the Senate, according to many legal analysts and some in Congress, unless President Obama vetoes the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) passed on Tuesday.
Two provisions that have survived heated debate in the massive NDAA, also called Senate Bill 1867, are causing these concerns. Once the House and Senate bills are reconciled, they will head to the President’s desk to be signed into law, or struck down with the veto pen.
Read the rest of this story at The Blaze:
How Can This Ever Happen?
There was a chemistry professor in a large college that had some exchange students in the class.
One day while the class was in the lab, the professor noticed one young man, an exchange student, who kept rubbing his back and stretching as if his back hurt. The professor asked the young man what was the matter.
The student told him he had a bullet lodged in his back. He had been shot while fighting communists in his native country who were trying to overthrow his country’s government and install a new communist regime.
In the midst of his story, he looked at the professor and asked a strange question. He asked: “Do you know how to catch wild pigs?”
The professor thought it was a joke and asked for the punch line.
The young man said that it was no joke. “You catch wild pigs by finding a suitable place in the woods and putting corn on the ground.
The pigs find it and begin to come every day to eat the free corn.
“When they are used to coming every day, you put a fence down one side of the place where they are used to coming.
When they get used to the fence, they begin to eat the corn again and you put up another side of the fence.
“They get used to that and start to eat again. You continue until you have all four sides of the fence up with a gate in the last side.
“The pigs, which are used to the free corn, start to come through the gate to eat that free corn again.
You then slam the gate on them and catch the whole herd.
Suddenly the wild pigs have lost their freedom.
They run around and around inside the fence, but they are caught.
Soon they go back to eating the free corn.
They are so used to it that they have forgotten how to forage in the woods for themselves, so they accept their captivity.”
The young man then told the professor that is exactly what he sees happening in America .
The government keeps pushing us toward Communism/Socialism and keeps spreading the free corn out in the form of programs such as supplemental income, tax credit for unearned income, tax exemptions, tobacco subsidies, dairy subsidies, payments not to plant crops (CRP), welfare, medicine, drugs, etc.
While we continually lose our freedoms, just a little at a time.
One should always remember two truths:
There is no such thing as a free lunch and you can never hire someone to provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself.
If you see that all of this wonderful government ‘help’ is a problem confronting the future of democracy in America , you might want to Re-Post or Tweet this!
God help you when the
Gate Slams Shut!
- Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death: Beware the Senate Bill 1867 (NDAA) (votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- Senate Armed Services Committee Passes Legislation Allowing Obama to Arrest and Hold Americans Without Trial ? (votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- Senate Bill 1867: The Building Blocks for the Coming Martial Law (votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- ENEMY AT THE GATES: Communist Party USA Endorses Barack Obama (votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- Obama Signs US Citizens Detention Bill (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- U.S. Senate Authorizes Military to Detain U.S. Citizens (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Welcome to the United Police State of America (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death: Beware the Senate Bill 1867 (NDAA) (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Allen West is on the National Defense Authorization Act committee (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Happy New Year: Don’t Bother Asking for an Attorney When You’re Detained (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)