Founded August 15th 2010
- 1,777,999 hits
samiam60 on The ‘Trick or Treat… My Article Read (10-… on The ‘Trick or Treat… samiam60 on The ‘Trick or Treat… backbaywoman on The ‘Trick or Treat… samiam60 on The ‘Trick or Treat…
Voting American Archives
- The ‘Trick or Treat’ President
- Is America Safer then it was 6 Years Ago?
- The Clinton’s Wall Street Connections
- Obama’s Latest Land Grab
- Scandlers List: The Eric Holder Story
- Standing Up for America
- The Democrats and America’s Modern Day Plantations
- ATTENTION all Korean and Vietnam War Veterans!
- A Sign of the Times in America
- It was the Best of Times and now it is the Worst of Times for America
- We Don’t Belong to the Government, the Government Belongs to US!
- Why is Russia Probing Americas Air Defenses?
- ISIL IS NOT ISLAMIC? -OR- IS ISIS Really ISIL or ISISn’t It?
- Iraq is now Obama’s War!
- The Scepter of Tyrants…by AFVet
- America’s Biggest Terrorism Threat = Barack Obama
- America’s Point of No Return…November 2014
- My Enlightening Encounter at the County Fair
- Angels…by AFVet
- America’s Future…by AFVet
- Veterans give Obama the Big Chill
- Obama’s ‘Keystone Cop’ Administration has got to Go!
- America’s Soul…by AFVet
- Buck up me Hearty’s…..AMERICA RISING
- America’s Fading Glory
- The End of the Road for Voting American Blogs
- Draft Sarah Palin for President in 2016
- Caliphate: Glenn Beck’s Dire Warning has become Our Reality!
- You’ve Tread on US Mr. President…BIG MISTAKE!
- T’was Apathy that Killed the Dream
- The Liberal Media Spin has Spun America off her Feet
- Social Justice is NOT
- What’s it gonna be America; LIBERTY OR DEATH?
- Obama is no Ordinary Weakling
- Where have all the Patriots Gone?
- Middle East Crisis – Border Crisis – Ukraine Crisis and Obama’s Fundraising Trips
- I Smell a Rat…in the Oval
- A Pictureview of Obama’s Fundamental Transformation of America!
- I am but one Voice in a Sea of Apathy
- The Four Horsemen of the American Apocalypse
- I’ll Be Back
- Has Barack Obama Ushered in 1984 ?
- Freedom, is never easy…. Independence, is never soft
- By the Dawns Early Light, or America’s Last Independence Day?
- A Dose of Reality…
- Raiders of the Lost Emails
- While you were Sleeping America…
- Only in America…
- At what Price Freedom?
- Happy Days Are Gone Again…by Bob Mack
Category Archives: Iraq
You own it now Barack
A prophetic warning from then-President George W. Bush before he left office about what would happen if the U.S. withdrew troops from Iraq too soon is getting new attention in light of the Islamic State’s gains, as each of his predictions appears to be coming true.
Bush, as discussed on “The Kelly File,” made the remarks (Video) in the White House briefing room on July 12, 2007, as he argued against those who sought an immediate troop withdrawal.
“To begin withdrawing before our commanders tell us we are ready would be dangerous for Iraq, for the region and for the United States,” Bush cautioned.
He then ticked off a string of predictions about what would happen if the U.S. left too early.
“It would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to Al Qaeda.
“It would mean that we’d be risking mass killings on a horrific scale.
“It would mean we allow the terrorists to establish a safe haven in Iraq to replace the one they lost in Afghanistan.
“It would mean we’d be increasing the probability that American troops would have to return at some later date to confront an enemy that is even more dangerous.”
Bush speechwriter Marc Thiessen says all these predictions have come true.
“Every single thing that President Bush said there in that statement is happening today,” he told Fox News.
To Bush’s first warning, the Islamic State terror group is effectively the successor to Al Qaeda in Iraq – and they’ve overrun several major cities in Iraq’s north while claiming broad swaths of territory in Syria. Further, the group has been behind mass killings of Iraqi civilians as well as the recent execution by beheading of two American journalists.
The Obama administration has warned that the group’s violence threatens to approach genocide levels.
Though President Obama says combat troops will not be returning to fight in Iraq, American troops are nevertheless returning in some capacity. The president on Wednesday announced an expanded airstrike campaign against the group in Iraq and Syria, and is sending hundreds more U.S. military personnel into Iraq.
Some lawmakers and analysts say this could have been avoided if the Obama administration had left a residual force in Iraq, or at least had responded sooner to ISIS’ gains in northern Iraq over the past year.
Bush, before he left office, signed an agreement setting the stage for U.S. troops to withdraw by December 2011.
Obama, though, was urged by military advisers to keep thousands of service members after that deadline to help the shaky Iraqi government. But when Washington and Baghdad were unable to reach a renewed agreement governing the presence of U.S. forces in the country, the Obama administration withdrew virtually all troops at the end of 2011.
“We needed to leave a stabilizing force behind, and we didn’t. And of course, we know the rest is history,” Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., told Fox News.
Barry should have also listened to Glenn Beck
Glenn Beck predicted this while Obama ignored the warning
Well Mr. President, a fine mess you’ve gotten us in to this time.
Will you ever learn or is that beyond the ability of a Community Organizer?
America has gone from bad to worse under your feeble socialistic agenda and now the world has become a cup of trembling because of your narrow view of what is happening and what should have been done in the Middle East.
You seem to think the world is wrong and you are right in spite of the glaring facts in front of you.
Perhaps you would have been better off had you listened to Glenn Beck’s warnings on the Middle East instead of trying to make him out to be a right wing loon.
Glenn Beck has proven himself to be so very right, and you, have proven yourself to be so very wrong time and again.
In 2008, Joe Biden said it best in the debates when he said:
Barack Obama is not qualified to be president.
It appears you have proven Joe Biden to be correct as America slides deeper into decline under your leadership.
You Mr. President have been proven wrong about Egypt, Libya, Iran, Syria, Iraq and the newest threat, ISIS whom you referred to as a…
JV Terrorist Group.
This is the price that is being paid for your Lethal Ineptitude Mr. President
You are also wrong about the direction of this Country and the Spirit of the American People
By now I am sure that just about every American is fed up with the Key Stone Cops we elected to represent us in Washington. Over the last ten or fifteen years we have watched our political leaders play out their greedy games and childish attacks on one another all the while ignoring the wants and needs of their constituents. We have watched them in their march to grab as much power as they can from We the People all the while lining their pockets with the fruits of our labor.
I say Enough is Enough already because the time has come for us to put into power a 3rd Party that will insure our constitutional rights and put an end to the stalemate we have been seeing in our nations capitol.
The time has come and is long overdo for the Tea Party to pull itself up by its Grass Roots and become a real contender in our nations political arena.
It’s time for Change America
VOTE IN THE NOVEMBER MID-TERM ELECTIONS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Islamic State Terror Group’s Spokesman Has a Message for the United States: ‘I Say to America…’
(Warning: This Video is very Graphic)
“I say to America, that the Islamic Caliphate has been established,” Abu Mosa said. “And we will not stop.”
“Don’t be cowards and attack us with drones,” he continued. “Instead send your soldiers, the ones we humiliated in Iraq. We will humiliate them everywhere, God willing, and we will raise the flag of Allah in the White House.”
Glenn Beck’s Dire Message was scoffed at back in those days when he was on Fox News and yet today that message has become our new reality. This President’s policy of removing our troops from Iraq without leaving a contingency force in place is just one more example of how he has turned the Middle East into a…
Cup of Trembling
Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.