Founded August 15th 2010
- 1,243,168 hits
samiam60 on Have the lies caught up with… libslayer2013 on Have the lies caught up with… samiam60 on Have the lies caught up with… boudicabpi on Have the lies caught up with… samiam60 on Have the lies caught up with…
Voting American Archives
Most Recent Posts
- Have the lies caught up with Obama?
- DECEMBER 7th 1941….. Inspires a letter to Obama
- The ‘New’ American Dream
- AFVet speaks out on ObamaCare with an Internet Solution
- Chinese Air Force on High Alert…Deploys Aircraft Carrier
- Happy Thanksgiving America
- Our Military Leaders Call us to Action
- Obama’s Nuclear Deal with Iran Creates Fallout
- The time has come for the Tea Party to Rise up in America
- Steady as she goes or Obama’s Sinking Ship?
- The Sorry President
- A Wake-Up Call for Christians
- Veterans Day Tribute 2013
- The Communist Infiltration of America is complete
- Your Poking a Sleeping Tiger Mr. President
- ObamaCare Site goes into Deep Sleep
- An American Disgrace and Embarrassment: Barack Obama
- ObamaCare Fraud Alert!
- You’ve been Tricked America
- The Ugly Truth about Our Government Leaders
- Air Force Vietnam Veteran Sets Obama Straight
- Should ObamaCare Queen Kathleen Sebelius Resign?
- UPDATE: Jon Stewart speaks out on Obamacare Glitches
- A Bad Moon has Risen over America
- American Deceptionalism
- YOU BETTER WAKE UP AMERICA!
- The Moral Majority has lost the High Ground and America has become a Liberal Prison
- DATELINE AMERICA: CRITICAL MASS 2013
- A quick look at what America has become
- Obama puts America in Dire Distress
- What does it mean to be an American?
- Why I am Proud to be an American
- Remembering the Benghazi Four
- Is the Media too Liberal?
- Is this the America YOU Want?
- 9/11 Under Bush -vs- 9/11 Under Obama
- Something New from Voting American just for you
- Glenn Beck got it right and Barack Obama got it wrong !
- Obama’s Elusive Red Line
- BEST SUMMATION OF BARACK AND MICHELLE
- Did Obama Stand Down…..AGAIN?
- The Slavery of Welfare
- Obama’s Pathetic MLK speech
- Taking Back America One Liberal At A Time
- Mr.President, don’t Mess with Texas Voting Laws
- The Lawless Barack Obama and his Fall from Grace
- Tell us why you think President Obama’s Poll Numbers are Dropping
- America is Raising a Generation of Savages
- Voting American’s Bucket List 2014
- The United States Constitution -vs- Barack Obama
Category Archives: Main Stream Media
How did a murder trial between a Hispanic and a Black become a Racial Issue?
We have all seen the Media spin in making this an issue more about race then self defense. At the onset of this tragic story the media reported Zimmerman as being white based on his last name. Shortly after the pictures were released it was obvious to all that Zimmerman was Hispanic and yet the media continued on about the fact that it was a seventeen year old Black youth who was shot by a neighborhood watch captain. As it turned out in a court of law Zimmerman did act in self defense and was found not guilty. Sadly, the media had set in motion the idea of this being a racial issue and has not turned back in their reporting to the facts brought forth in this case.
Shame on you liberal media, President Obama, and Eric Holder for turning this into more racial division in America
- The accumulated injustices of the Trayvon Martin case (theconversation.com)
- Jesse Jackson Calls for United Nations Investigation on America… (suntimes.com)
- Walker Bragman: The Race Mongers: Conservative Media’s Efforts to Delegitimize Justice for Trayvon Protesters (huffingtonpost.com)
- Are Conservatives Really This Ignorant About Racism? (crooksandliars.com)
- Black on White Crime&The Trayvon Martin Shooting (littlebytesnews.blogspot.com)
- Op-ed: Yes, the Zimmerman case was about race (thegrio.com)
- It’s Racist For Cops To Prepare For Pro-Trayvon Riots, Says Time Magazine (patdollard.com)
- Round One: Zimmerman & The Growing Divide (thedailystain.wordpress.com)
- Zimmerman Framed. (annaraccoon.com)
- At the Protests for Trayvon Martin in New York (kokoma360.wordpress.com)
I’m sure everyone remembers when Vice President Dan Quayle made the Potato remark that resonated throughout the Media for weeks and months and is still referred to today.
One has to wonder where the Media is when we hear this constant barrage of Joe Biden gaffes?
Seems the media has a certain bias when it comes to reporting the news.
I remember eight years of the George W. Bush Presidency where the Media gave him night and day coverage on anything and everything he said and did.
Funny, it was all negative and yet today the Media cannot find one negative thing to say about the worst President and Vice President in American history.
Yep, it sure is funny……. or is it?
To give credit where credit is do, I would like to acknowledge that Vice President Joe Biden did get it right at least one time, but nobody listened
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me, and Shame on all those who will vote for Obama yet again!
As I read the curiosities of folks concerning Obama’s actions I am continually amazed at the surprise
and horror that folks arrive at for their observations
Didn’t you all know the direction of Obama as he said them before he was elected?
Did you not realize his thinking hinged on the fact that he didn’t think that the constitution favored the power of the
federal government enough? You didn’t know that fact?
Why do you suppose he wanted these changes? Well that is simple enough, he wanted more power for wealth redistribution.
What did you think that meant?
What you don’t clearly see for what is coming is the removal of liberty from individuals by taking power in the machinery of the federal government moves us closer to a one world governance. Doesn’t this make sense?
When you see our wealth going to third world nations don’t you realize that our control is lowered while the third world nation is elevated?
When you see a diminishing of or military does it occur to you that it becomes easier for us to be subjugated to others’ will?
Oh wait I see why it is you haven’t come to know this: You digest what the media wants you to know.
Don’t you realize that the media who sold us Obama is interested in broadcasting to more viewers. If they go from a national broadcasting position to an international position what happens? More ratings and more money!
Obama would love for nothing more than to deliver the authority of te US Government to a Global Authority where he and his cronies could control the world.
None of this makes sense to you? Why does the Obama Administration want to undo, both the first and second amendments of the constitution?
He wants to get rid of God and Guns… Isn’t that clear? Without God’s authority he becomes God. Without guns nobody stands in his way.
Did Americans go to sleep one night and wake up critically thinking challenged? When did it become a good idea to participate in something like #OWS.
Those desiring what Obama intended to do are clearly dangerous people because of their weak-minded manner of understanding the responsibility of freedom.
Who in their right mind thinks Obama has any clue as how to meet a payroll? Since when did a community organizer understand and master the intricacies of profitable investing?
Since when did a non practicing lawyer ever be a good choice for a capital defense argument.
Most folks who wanted Obama, wanted him because they didn’t use their critical thinking apparatus.
What they did use is their desire function or emotive need.
I have no time for folks that demand fairness in governance. I value equal opportunity, not affirmative action.
If you are surprised at what Obama has been doing, then maybe the problem isn’t Obama.
He has done all he said he was going to do.
Maybe the problem is you and your habits of listening to the whores in media that want greater profits worldwide for selling you the biggest package of nonsense sold since the days of the wonder lotions pimped in the old days of western frontier days.
I knew what Obama was all about and he hasn’t surprised me one bit. Self proclaimed smart Americans have surprised me though. I don’t consider anyone to be smart who sided with Utopian thinking or the motivations of Obama.
Hat Tip to USAMUTT for this Article
Mitt Romney the Next Gipper
Immediately following Mitt Romney’s acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, the son of America’s most iconic — and for many, most beloved — president tweeted that since the passing of his father, America hasn’t had a true “cheerleader” until now.
To wit, one thing Reagan was perhaps best known for, was his ability to bring people together by finding the common thread that bound them. The Gipper, as he was affectionately dubbed, appealed to Americans’ sense of optimism, rather than exploit their basest fears and negativity. Strategists often recall that he focused on strength not weakness, and boosted the nation’s confidence, rather than prey upon its insecurities. He reminded the country why America was the greatest nation on earth, rather than denigrate it in the public square for its shortcomings.
It was Reagan’s penchant for diplomacy, honing in on that with which those on both sides of the aisle could agree, that made him so effective. To this end, he rarely touched on tense social issues like abortion, ceding that the GOP was a “big tent party” comprising people of all walks and beliefs. He knew that no president — no leader anywhere in the world — would ever get everyone to see eye-to-eye on such issues, and so instead chose to focus on the economy and the Cold War as the unifying issues of his time.
Oddly, it is said that Obama, too, has studied the great communicator with a view toward emulating his style and modus operandi. Yet with his divisive class and race warfare rhetoric, and consistent focus on America’s failings, the current president seems to be channel exactly the opposite of what Reagan embodied.
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney speaks at the American Legion National Convention in Indianapolis. When Romney addresses the Republican convention Thursday night, he’ll do it from a stage that puts him a little bit closer to the crowd inside the convention hall. His campaign hopes the evening ends with Americans feeling a little bit closer to the Republican presidential candidate, too. Credit: AP
But is Mitt Romney really invoking Reagan’s finer points?
An examination of his current campaign theme coupled with Thursday evening’s speech at the Republican National Convention seems to indicate that he just might be.
A Washington Times column points out that the former Massachusetts governor plans to mirror Reagan’s 1980 presidential campaign by posing voters with the burning question: “Are you better off than you were four years ago?”
“That question can’t be answered in the affirmative by many voters,” senior Romney adviser Kevin Madden told the Times on Thursday.
This concept is underscored by Romney’s own words at the convention, when he noted that regardless of blame, or promises, or anything else Obama could attempt to sell voters this election, one thing he cannot do is tell Americans that they are better off now than they were when he was first elected.
“This president can ask us to be patient. This president can tell us it was someone else’s fault. This president can tell us that the next four years he’ll get it right. But this president cannot tell us that YOU are better off today than when he took office,” the Republican nominee said during his speech.
Adding another Reaganesque layer to the Romney platform, The Washington Post also dissected the following moments from Romney’s RNC speech and compared it to those of the conservative icon. The Times cites:
* On American exceptionalism: Romney — “I refuse to believe America is just another place on the flag”; Reagan — “I don’t agree that our nation must resign itself to inevitable decline, yielding its proud position to other hands.”
* On states’ rights: Romney — “This president’s answer to every problem is to take power from you”; Reagan — “The federal government has taken on functions it was never intended to perform and which it does not perform well.”
* On the economy: Romney — “With the economy in crisis, [Obama’s] answer is to borrow money we can’t afford and throw it at Washington bureaucrats and politicians”; Reagan — “The people have not created this disaster in our economy; the federal government has. It has overspent, overestimated, and over-regulated.”
* On the future: Romney — “The principles that made us a great nation and leader of the world have not lost their meaning…I believe in America”; Reagan — “I believe that you and I together can keep this rendezvous with destiny.”
The fact that Romney seems to be channeling Reagan in both his speech and overall campaign platform also makes sense when considering that Obama has been compared to Jimmy Carter perhaps more than any other president.
In fact, during his speech Thursday evening at the Republican National Convention, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich compared the two presidents, saying that Obama and Carter both “took our nation down a path that in four years weakened America’s confidence in itself.”
Is Obama the Jimmy Carter of our time and is Mitt Romney our next Gipper? Perhaps by morning in America, the country will know.
Hat tip to The Blaze for this story
Seems the Liberal Media can’t find a Kind Word for Romney….
Some would call that Bias or
Perhaps it’s Just Fear
Hat tip to The DAILYCALLER for this story
If you were watching MSNBC’s coverage of the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday night, you might believe those assertions, since missing from the coverage was nearly every ethnic minority that spoke during Tuesday’s festivities.
In lieu of airing speeches from former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, a black American; Mia Love, a black candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives from Utah; and Texas senatorial hopeful Ted Cruz, a Latino American, MSNBC opted to show commentary anchored by Rachel Maddow from Rev. Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes and Steve Schmidt.
Throughout this convention, Matthews has accused the Republicans of playing dog-whistle racist politics while on scene in Tampa. It isn’t clear, however, if Matthews will hurl accusations of racism at Davis, Love or Cruz for speeches his network failed to broadcast.
- MSNBC cuts every speech made by a minority from RNC speech coverage (redalertpolitics.com)
- MSNBC Is Biased, Sky Is Blue (wizbangblog.com)
- MSNBC abandons GOP convention during every minority speech (cornhusker4palin.newsvine.com)
Hat Tip to The Blaze for this story
Whoa: Newsweek’s Latest Cover May Surprise You
Now, we all know Newsweek isn’t shy when it comes to controversial cover photos and headline stories. Indeed, on more than a few occasions, Newsweek Editor Tina Brown has had to defend the magazine’s less-than-flattering photos and oftentimes incendiary articles.
Everyone’s also familiar with the publication’s left-leaning tendencies, right? Right.
Newsweek’s latest cover story comes from none other than noted historian Niall Ferguson. The article, titled “Hit the Road, Barack,” argues that President Obama has proven that he‘s an economic illiterate and that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his running mate Paul Ryan’s “path to prosperity is our only hope.”
“Unemployment was supposed to be 6 percent by now. It has averaged 8.2 percent this year so far. Meanwhile real median annual household income has dropped more than 5 percent since June 2009. Nearly 110 million individuals received a welfare benefit in 2011, mostly Medicaid or food stamps,” writes Ferguson.
“Welcome to Obama’s America,” he adds.
“America under this president is a superpower in retreat, if not retirement. Small wonder 46 percent of Americans — and 63 percent of Chinese — believe that China already has replaced the U.S. as the world’s leading superpower or eventually will.”
Ferguson makes the case that the alternative to President Obama’s “Hopenchange” machine, though not the strongest he has ever seen, is infinitely preferable for the health of the U.S. economy:
Mitt Romney is not the best candidate for the presidency I can imagine. But he was clearly the best of the Republican contenders for the nomination. He brings to the presidency precisely the kind of experience — both in the business world and in executive office — that Barack Obama manifestly lacked four years ago. (If only Obama had worked at Bain Capital for a few years, instead of as a community organizer in Chicago, he might understand exactly why the private sector is not “doing fine” right now.)
“And by picking Ryan as his running mate, Romney has given the first real sign that—unlike Obama—he is a courageous leader who will not duck the challenges America faces,” Ferguson adds.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
Just when I thought I had seen it all
Can’t believe I am going to say this, but, Thank You Newsweek