Founded August 15th 2010
- 1,785,399 hits
samiam60 on Democrat Corruption at the Vot… samiam60 on Democrat Corruption at the Vot… samiam60 on Democrat Corruption at the Vot… AFVet on Democrat Corruption at the Vot… backbaywoman on Democrat Corruption at the Vot…
Voting American Archives
- Democrat Corruption at the Voting Booths… AGAIN!
- The ‘Trick or Treat’ President
- Is America Safer then it was 6 Years Ago?
- The Clinton’s Wall Street Connections
- Obama’s Latest Land Grab
- Scandlers List: The Eric Holder Story
- Standing Up for America
- The Democrats and America’s Modern Day Plantations
- ATTENTION all Korean and Vietnam War Veterans!
- A Sign of the Times in America
- It was the Best of Times and now it is the Worst of Times for America
- We Don’t Belong to the Government, the Government Belongs to US!
- Why is Russia Probing Americas Air Defenses?
- ISIL IS NOT ISLAMIC? -OR- IS ISIS Really ISIL or ISISn’t It?
- Iraq is now Obama’s War!
- The Scepter of Tyrants…by AFVet
- America’s Biggest Terrorism Threat = Barack Obama
- America’s Point of No Return…November 2014
- My Enlightening Encounter at the County Fair
- Angels…by AFVet
- America’s Future…by AFVet
- Veterans give Obama the Big Chill
- Obama’s ‘Keystone Cop’ Administration has got to Go!
- America’s Soul…by AFVet
- Buck up me Hearty’s…..AMERICA RISING
- America’s Fading Glory
- The End of the Road for Voting American Blogs
- Draft Sarah Palin for President in 2016
- Caliphate: Glenn Beck’s Dire Warning has become Our Reality!
- You’ve Tread on US Mr. President…BIG MISTAKE!
- T’was Apathy that Killed the Dream
- The Liberal Media Spin has Spun America off her Feet
- Social Justice is NOT
- What’s it gonna be America; LIBERTY OR DEATH?
- Obama is no Ordinary Weakling
- Where have all the Patriots Gone?
- Middle East Crisis – Border Crisis – Ukraine Crisis and Obama’s Fundraising Trips
- I Smell a Rat…in the Oval
- A Pictureview of Obama’s Fundamental Transformation of America!
- I am but one Voice in a Sea of Apathy
- The Four Horsemen of the American Apocalypse
- I’ll Be Back
- Has Barack Obama Ushered in 1984 ?
- Freedom, is never easy…. Independence, is never soft
- By the Dawns Early Light, or America’s Last Independence Day?
- A Dose of Reality…
- Raiders of the Lost Emails
- While you were Sleeping America…
- Only in America…
- At what Price Freedom?
Category Archives: President Obama
Obama designates national monument in LA area
SAN DIMAS, California (AP) – President Barack Obama on Friday spared from future development nearly 350,000 acres of land within the San Gabriel Mountains northeast of Los Angeles, a move that cheered environmentalists but sparked new criticism of Obama’s willingness to use his executive authority.
Obama used his authority under the federal Antiquities Act to turn the area into a national monument. He cited President Abraham Lincoln’s decision to preserve parts of the Yosemite Valley without ever having seen it as inspiration for steps he’s taken in office to preserve more than 3 million acres of public lands.
“And I’m not finished,” Obama said, making the announcement at Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park, where picturesque views of the San Gabriel Mountains under blue sky provided the backdrop. “We are looking at additional opportunities to preserve federal lands and waters, and I’ll continue to do so, especially where communities are speaking up.”
Supporters say Obama’s move will provide recreational opportunities for millions of people, particularly minorities and children, who live in Los Angeles County. The county is one of the most disadvantaged areas in terms of access to open space, according to the White House.
“For Angelenos, the San Gabriels are like having Yellowstone next door,” said Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council. “Now the 17 million people living in Greater Los Angeles can find wild beauty right in their backyards.”
Local officials and some lawmakers faulted Obama for acting without support from Congress or the public, but Obama said officials heard from a lot of urban families who said this area constituted their only outdoor space and that their children didn’t have parks.
Officials also expressed concerns about potential use restrictions on the hundreds of thousands of acres that will be forever preserved.
“Once again this administration is taking unilateral action without congressional or public input,” said House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif. “I strongly support multiple use of our national forests and other public lands, but this decision severely limits usage.”
Since taking office, Obama has created or expanded 13 national monuments across the country, including Friday’s action.
Just last month, he created the world’s largest marine preserve by expanding the Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument in the south-central Pacific Ocean.
Obama has designated nearly three times more land and water than any other president since Congress first passed the Antiquities Act in 1906, according to the White House.
What do you suppose he is really up to?
One cannot dispute President Obama’s claim of having “the most transparent administration in America’s history.” So true. It’s so transparent you can see right through it to his Imperial Presidency that will destroy the nation from within. Unless voters tip the balance of power back to the people very soon, the left’s disregard for Constitutional restraints and our rule of law will fundamentally transform America into a nation unrecognizable to the men and women who paid the price to see America rise as the world’s shining city on a hill – shining because we’ve reflected the beauty of freedom. We now get the government we asked for in 2008, and then four years later asked for more. As in the days of old, as history records in the book of Samuel in the Old Testament, in shortsightedness the people wanted someone to take care of them, to “do it for them,” so they cried out for a king. Though it wasn’t in their nation’s divine destiny, nonetheless they were given a king. Tragically, the people realized too late that their demand for a king was not in the people’s best interest. History is the best teacher. As America dethrones independence, self-responsibility, work ethic, and – most significantly – God, we’ll realize that elevating fallible men to provide for us and control us will be our downfall. Of course, it’s not too late to halt this transformation and begin the restoration of all that is right about America. It’s in our hands. With humble acknowledgment of the mistake we’ve made in demanding the proverbial king to take control, we can move forward with the imperative task of replacing an Imperial Presidency with a government of, by, and for the people again. Once we restore the proud and free ideals that made America exceptional, soon our allies will respect us as reliable again, and enemies will not trample us as they fear what happens when you mess with the United States Military. The people will be sparked with optimism and a spirit of ingenuity and generosity again; and being ever vigilant we can get back to the peace that only faith, family, and freedom can provide. It’s in our hands. It’s at the ballot box.