Freedom is the Power or Right to Act, Speak, or Think as one wants without Hindrance or Restraint, and the Absence of a Despotic Government
Here are the freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution:
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
STAND YOUR GROUND AMERICA
Posted in Assult Weapons, ATF, Beer, Bill of Rights, Dept. of Homeland Security, Elected Officals, EPA, FCC, Federal government of the United States, First Amendment, Gun Control, Gun Registry, Health Care Law, History, NDAA, NRA, Oath Keepers, Paul Ryan, Police State, Politics, Preppers, Republic, REX84, RHINOS, Second Amendment, Second Amendment Rights, SHTF, State Constitutions, Tea Party, TSA, Tyranny, United States Constitution, United States Declaration of Independence, US Congress, Wayne LaPierre
Tagged First Amendment, First Amendment to the United States Constitution, Free Exercise Clause, Freedom of speech, Government, NRA, Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, United States, United States Constitution
Posted in 2nd Amendment, Alex Jones, Andrew Breitbart, Assult Weapons, Barack Obama, Bill of Rights, Czars, FBI, Foreward 2012, Freedom, Gun Control, Gun Sales, History, Homeland Security, Martial Law, National Security Guards, NDAA, NRA, Oath Keepers, Police State, Preppers, REX84, Senate Bill 1867, SHTF, Stock Market Crash, Tyranny, United States Military
Tagged Australia, California, History, Protocols, Recreation, Travelogues, United States, Vicki
Hat tip to The Blaze for this Report
Troubling? Putin Oversees Largest Russian Nuclear Tests Since the Cold War
Amid international calls for nuclear disarmament, Russia has launched the most comprehensive tests on its nuclear arsenal since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, the Kremlin said Saturday.
The exercises, held mostly on Friday, featured prominently in news reports on state television which seemed aimed to show Russians and the world that Putin is the hands-on chief of a resurgent power.
Tests involving command systems and all three components of the nuclear “triad” – land and sea-launched long-range nuclear missiles and strategic bombers – were conducted “under the personal leadership of Vladimir Putin”, the Kremlin said.
“Exercises of the strategic nuclear forces were conducted on such a scale for the first time in the modern history of Russia,” the Kremlin statement [added].
“Vladimir Putin gave a high evaluation to the combat units and crews and the work of the Armed Forces General Staff, which fulfilled the tasks before them and affirmed the reliability and effectiveness of Russia’s nuclear forces.” [Emphasis added]
In 2010, the United States and Russia agreed to scale back their nuclear arsenals to no more than 1,550 warheads by 2018. However, while Putin appears to be fine-tuning his arsenal, President Obama has made his commitment to total nuclear disarmament perfectly clear.
“I state clearly and with conviction America’s commitment to seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons,” he said to a Nobel Peace Prize panel shortly after he was elected. “This goal will not be reached quickly – perhaps not in my lifetime. It will take patience and persistence.”
Republicans have harshly criticized the president’s ambitions, however, saying it is highly unlikely our enemies will follow our lead. On the contrary, they will likely just grow bolder as the balance swings in their favor.
The Hand Writing is on the Wall for those who are willing to see it
I warned of this in March of this year with this Article
China and Russia Embark on Military Buildup as America Stands Down
Disarming America’s Nuclear Deterrent
Posted in Armageddon, Cold War, Military Build Up, NATO, Post American World, Preppers, President Obama, Russia, SHTF, START Treaty, The Blaze, UNITED NATIONS, Vladimire Putin, White House Security Leaks
Tagged Barack Obama, Cold War, Kremlin, Moscow Kremlin, President Obama, Russia, Soviet Union, U.S. Military, United States, Vladimir Putin
Hat tip to Fox News for this story
Big Bird will not be anyone’s political puppet.
Sesame Workshop has asked the Obama campaign to take down a new TV ad that prominently features the famous talking bird, in a satirical spot mocking Mitt Romney for calling for an end to PBS subsidies.
“Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down,” Sesame Workshop said in a statement.
An Obama campaign official said it has received the request and “will review their concerns.”
The statement follows a week of Big Bird saturation in the media and on the campaign trail.
Romney touched off the frenzy when he said at last week’s debate he wants to “stop the subsidy to PBS” even though “I like Big Bird.”
The line took off on Twitter. “Saturday Night Live” included a Big Bird bit. Obama has repeatedly mocked Romney for the line in his post-debate stump speeches. And the Obama campaign ad released Monday featured a menacing voiceover warning of Romney’s anti-Big Bird agenda.
“Big, yellow, a menace to our economy. Mitt Romney knows it’s not Wall Street you have to worry about, it’s Sesame Street,” the voice over says. “Mitt Romney, taking on our enemies no matter where they nest.”
The Romney campaign said its rivals were distracting from bigger issues.
“Four years ago, President Obama said that if you don’t have a record to run on, ‘you make a big election about small things.’ With 23 million people struggling for work, incomes falling, and gas prices soaring, Americans deserve more from their president,” spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg said.
AARP objects to Obama invoking group’s support during debate
The AARP, which put itself in the middle of the health care debate by endorsing ObamaCare, now is telling President Obama to keep the group out of his political talking points.
The nation’s leading senior advocacy organization objected after the president during Wednesday’s debate twice mentioned the AARP while defending his health care plan and attacking Mitt Romney’s plans for Medicare.
The AARP posted a blog saying that while the group is “grateful” the candidates had a “robust” debate on health care, the organization is not aligned with either candidate.
“While we respect the rights of each campaign to make its case to voters, AARP has never consented to the use of its name by any candidate or political campaign. AARP is a nonpartisan organization and we do not endorse political candidates nor coordinate with any candidate or political party,” the group said.
Obama invoked the AARP during the Denver debate because the group had endorsed his health care overhaul earlier in his term. He used that endorsement to challenge Romney’s claims that the law’s cuts to Medicare would weaken the health care system.
“And this is not my own — only my opinion. AARP thinks that the savings that we obtained from Medicare bolster the system, lengthen the Medicare trust fund by eight years. Benefits were not affected at all,” Obama said.
He went on to say that Romney’s plan, which he describes as a “voucher system,” would put seniors “at the mercy” of insurance companies.
“And this is the reason why AARP has said that your plan would weaken Medicare substantially. And that’s why they were supportive of the approach that we took,” Obama said.
The AARP, while having gotten involved in the health care debate, stressed that it is trying not to take sides in the presidential race itself.
Some, though, have questioned the AARP’s objectivity.
Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., in a recent op-ed in Politico, said the group “poses as a disinterested senior advocate” while taking positions that “just happen to coincide with its financial interests.”
He claimed that group’s support of the health care law could yield “windfall profits” by forcing seniors off Medicare Advantage and into a separate supplemental coverage program.
“AARP knows it can protect its financial interests by aligning with Democrats, no matter what its members think,” DeMint wrote.
Romney said during Wednesday’s debate that his plan for overhauling Medicare would give seniors a decade from now a choice between traditional Medicare and private insurance.
“And by the way, if the government can be as efficient as the private sector and offer premiums that are as low as the private sector, people will be happy to get traditional Medicare or they’ll be able to get a private plan,” Romney said.
Posted in AARP, Big Bird, Fox News, Joe Biden, Mitt Romney, NPR, Obama Campaign, Obamacare, Paul Ryan, PBS, President Obama, Sesame Street, SHTF, Vote
Tagged AARP, Barack Obama, Big Bird, Mitt Romney, Obama, Public Broadcasting Service, Sesame Street, Sesame Workshop, White House
Hat tip to Opposing Views for this report
Preliminary crime statistics for 2011 released today by the FBI show a 4 percent decrease in violent crime–a continuation of a long-term downward trend nationwide.
The report highlights that all four violent crime categories–murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault–declined in the country’s four major geographical regions and in all city population groups.
The report also noted that violent crime decreased both in metropolitan and nonmetropolitan counties.
The continuing decrease in violent crime comes at a time when firearms ownership has increased across America, a fact that utterly contradicts the mantra of anti-gun groups that more guns equals more crime.
“Every gun owner should be armed with this information,” said NSSF President and CEO Steve Sanetti.
According to the FBI’s Preliminary Annual Uniform Crime Report released today, the nation experienced a 4.0 percent decrease in the number of violent crimes and a 0.8 percent decline in the number of property crimes in 2011 when compared with data from 2010. The report is based on information the FBI gathered from 14,009 law enforcement agencies that submitted six to 12 comparable months of data for both 2010 and 2011.
- In 2011, all four of the violent crime offense categories—murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault—declined nationwide when compared with data from 2010. Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter declined 1.9 percent, while forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault each declined 4.0 percent.
- Violent crime declined in all city groups. Cities with populations of 50,000 to 99,999 saw the largest decrease (5.2 percent) in violent crime. Violent crime decreased 6.6 percent in metropolitan counties and 4.7 percent in nonmetropolitan counties.
- Within city groups, murder and nonnegligent manslaughter offenses increased the most (18.3 percent) in cities with populations under 10,000. Cities with populations of 50,000 to 99,999 showed the largest decrease of murder and nonnegligent manslaughter offenses (14.4 percent).
- All city groupings experienced a decline in forcible rapes except in cities with 500,000 to 999,999 inhabitants, which had the increase in forcible rapes (0.5 percent). Forcible rape offenses declined 6.8 percent in metropolitan counties and 9.0 percent in nonmetropolitan counties.
- Robbery offenses decreased in all city groupings, with the greatest decrease (5.3 percent) in cities with 50,000 to 99,999 inhabitants. Robberies decreased 7.5 percent in metropolitan counties and 3.6 percent in nonmetropolitan counties.
- Aggravated assaults decreased in all city groups. Cities with 50,000 to 99,999 inhabitants experienced the largest decrease at 5.3 percent. Aggravated assaults declined in both county groups, with a decrease of 6.3 percent in metropolitan counties and 4.2 percent in nonmetropolitan counties.
- Violent crime decreased in all four regions (4.9 percent in the Midwest, 4.7 percent in the West, 4.5 percent in the South, and 0.8 percent in the Northeast).
- Nationally, the property crime offense categories of larceny-theft and motor vehicle theft decreased in 2011 when compared with 2010 data. Motor vehicle theft dropped 3.3 percent, and larceny-theft decreased 0.9 percent. However, burglary offenses increased 0.3 percent.
- Property crime increased 0.3 percent in cities with 250,000 to 499,999 inhabitants and increased 0.1 percent in cities with 10,000 to 24,999 in population. Decreases in property crime were reported in all other city groupings. Property crime decreased 1.4 percent in metropolitan counties but increased 2.6 percent in nonmetropolitan counties.
- Burglary offenses increased 1.2 percent in cities with 50,000 to 99,999 persons, which is the largest increase reported within city groupings. Burglaries increased 1.0 percent in nonmetropolitan counties.
- Larceny-theft offenses decreased in all city groupings except those with populations of 250,000 to 499,999, which had an increase of 0.2 percent, and those with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants, which showed virtually no change. Larceny-thefts increased 4.1 percent in nonmetropolitan counties.
- Motor vehicle thefts declined in all population groupings. Cities with 100,000 to 249,999 inhabitants experienced the largest decline at 4.3 percent. Metropolitan counties reported a 6.1 percent decrease in motor vehicle thefts.
- Three of the nation’s regions had decreases in property crime in 2011 when compared with data from 2010. These offenses declined 1.3 percent in the South, 0.8 percent in the West, and 0.4 percent in the Midwest. However, property crimes increased 0.2 percent in the Northeast.
- Arson offenses, which are not included in property crime totals, decreased 5.0 percent nationwide. Arsons declined in all four regions in 2011, with the Northeast experiencing the largest decrease (12.3 percent).
For definitions of the offenses presented in this release and collected for the accompanying report, please see Offense Definitions from Crime in the United States, 2010.
The complete Preliminary Annual Uniform Crime Report is available exclusively at www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr.
ANY QUESTIONS ?
Posted in 2nd Amendment, Bill of Rights, Civil Unrest, Economic Collapse, Eric Holder, Fast and Furious, Fema Camps, Gun Control, Gun Sales, Martial Law, NDAA, NRA, Oath Keepers, Post American World, Preppers, Presidency of Barack Obama, Red Dawn, REX84, Senate Bill 1867, SHTF, Tyranny, United States Constitution, United States Declaration of Independence, Violent Crime
Tagged Assault, Federal Bureau of Investigation, History, Larceny, Motor vehicle theft, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Property crime, Rape, Uniform Crime Reports, United States, Violent crime
President Obama becomes the Gun Salesman of the Year
Thank you Mr. President
You now have
to Boast about
ANY QUESTIONS ?
Posted in Causes, Civil Unrest, Class Warfare, Eric Holder, Fast and Furious, FBI, Fema Camps, Foreward 2012, Gun Control, Gun Runner, Gun Sales, Hunger Games, Illegal Immigration, Mitt Romney, NDAA, NRA, Oath Keepers, Obama Administration, Operation Gun Runner, OWS, Politics, Preppers, Red Dawn, REX84, Second Amendment Rights, Senate Bill 1867, SHTF, Tyranny, United States, United States Constitution, Veterans, Voter Intimidation, Wall Street Protests
Tagged barackobama, Conservative Political Action Conference, Eric Holder, Fast and Furious, Fema Camps, Gun Control, Martial Law, National Rifle Association, Obama, President, Rex 84, Second Amendment Rights, Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, United States, Veterans, Wayne LaPierre