Founded August 15th 2010
- 1,885,479 hits
samiam60 on The Keystone Pipeline Dilema… samiam60 on The Keystone Pipeline Dilema… samiam60 on Remembering Our Troops far fro… AFVet on The Keystone Pipeline Dilema… libslayer2013 on Remembering Our Troops far fro…
Voting American Archives
- The Keystone Pipeline Dilema Explained
- Remembering Our Troops far from Home this Christmas Season
- AYN RAND on America
- Dear Republican Party. We’ve handed you the Keys to Our Country
- Burning Down America…
- Well America,…Why are we here ? by AFVet
- DECEMBER 7th 1941….. Inspires a letter to Obama
- How the Liberals Destroyed the American Dream
- Let the Truth be known…Violent Crime Statistics by Race
- Barack Obama -vs- The United States Constitution
- Wishing all my Patriot Friends a Happy Thanksgiving
- The Price the Founding Fathers had to pay for Our Freedom
- Uncovering the White House Cover Ups
- Liberalism’s Last Days in America
- See the Timeline of Events as Russia/China Prepare for World War lll
- Is Russia preparing for World War III
- Obama Spends Veterans Day in Communist China
- We are the Land of the Free because we are the Home of the Brave
- Can the GOP put America on the Right Track?
- It’s a New Day in America…by AFVet
- AMERICA WINS
- Here is why EVERY CONSERVATIVE needs to Vote this Tuesday
- Voter I.D. Laws and Voter Fraud in Illinois and Maryland
- Abortion: America’s Silent Genocide
- Dems want to Regulate Political Free Speech on the Internet!
- Democrat Corruption at the Voting Booths… AGAIN!
- The ‘Trick or Treat’ President
- Is America Safer then it was 6 Years Ago?
- The Clinton’s Wall Street Connections
- Obama’s Latest Land Grab
- Scandlers List: The Eric Holder Story
- Standing Up for America
- The Democrats and America’s Modern Day Plantations
- ATTENTION all Korean and Vietnam War Veterans!
- A Sign of the Times in America
- It was the Best of Times and now it is the Worst of Times for America
- We Don’t Belong to the Government, the Government Belongs to US!
- Why is Russia Probing Americas Air Defenses?
- ISIL IS NOT ISLAMIC? -OR- IS ISIS Really ISIL or ISISn’t It?
- Iraq is now Obama’s War!
- The Scepter of Tyrants…by AFVet
- America’s Biggest Terrorism Threat = Barack Obama
- America’s Point of No Return…November 2014
- My Enlightening Encounter at the County Fair
- Angels…by AFVet
- America’s Future…by AFVet
- Veterans give Obama the Big Chill
- Obama’s ‘Keystone Cop’ Administration has got to Go!
- America’s Soul…by AFVet
- Buck up me Hearty’s…..AMERICA RISING
Tag Archives: Piers Morgan
From The Blaze we read:
GOP Ridicules Obama ‘Documentary’ With New Poster
“It wasn‘t shovel ready and it wasn’t even paid for,” the RNC has added to the film’s title, “The Road We’ve Traveled.”
But what was that about the documentary being “incredibly expensive”?
According The Daily Caller [emphasis added]:
Records filed by Obama for America with the Federal Election Commission indicate that the president’s re-election campaign shelled out at least $345,353 to commission “The Road We’ve Traveled,” a 17-minute campaign documentary by Academy Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim, set for release Thursday.
So remember that conversation between CNN’s Piers Morgan and the film’s director Davis Guggenheim:
Morgan: “How much did it cost and who paid?”
Guggenheim: “Well, I’ll let the campaign tell you that. I — you know, I took a pay cut to make this. But the –”
Morgan: “I‘m surprised you weren’t paying him, by the sound of it, for the sheer honor and joy.”
Considering the fact that the “documentary” cost the Obama campaign $20,300 per minute, the only question we have is this: what, exactly, was Guggenheim working on that taking the time off to direct “The Road We’ve Traveled” would qualify as a pay cut?
And although the GOP’s criticism may have been harsh, it seems there is little love lost between them and president. Shortly after the graphic was released, President Obama had some words of his own for his conservative critics.
“Lately, we have heard a lot of professional politicians, a lot of the folks who were, you know, running for a certain office, who shall go unnamed, they’ve been talking down new sources of energy,” Obama told a crowd during a speech in Maryland.
“They dismiss wind power. They dismiss solar power. They make jokes about biofuels. They were against raising fuel standards. I guess they like gas guzzlers. They think that’s good for our future. We’re trying to move towards the future, they want to be stuck in the past!” the president said.
“We’ve heard this kind of thinking before. Let me tell you something, if some of these folks were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the flat earth society. They would not have believed that the world was round,” he added.
(H/T: The Washington Examiner)
More from The Blaze:
What ‘Distortion’ Did the NYTimes Find in the Entire, Just-Released Obama ‘Documentary?’
We’re nearly to the summer blockbuster season. And what better way to kick it off than with the much-touted, 17-minute Obama “documentary” commissioned by the Obama campaign?
The movie, made by the man who can’t find a fault in the president and ridiculed by Republicans with a special poster, has just been released in its entirety. We’ve covered two of the leaked clips before (which focuses a lot of attention on the killing of bin Laden), and now you get to see what all the fuss is about.
So what are you in for? Well, for starters, even the New York Times is finding at least one “distortion” in it:
The film devotes a significant amount of time – nearly three minutes – to the president’s backing of a financial rescue package for Detroit automakers. And it highlights Mitt Romney’s New York Times Op-Ed from that period, when he argued that the car companies should not receive any government assistance. The headline, “Let Detroit Go Bankrupt,” is framed in bright red for emphasis.
Rahm Emanuel, the former White House chief of staff, characterizes Mr. Romney’s stance on the auto industry with a dismissive wave of the hand, saying “Let it go.”
This is somewhat of a distortion. Mr. Romney advocated for a managed bankruptcy, not a liquidation of the company. Auto executives and government officials involved in the bailout have repeatedly said that without federal intervention there would have been no path to bankruptcy, and the companies would have collapsed. [Emphasis added]
Click here to find out more!
But wait, there’s more. It also covers, according to the Times, the “extremist element” of Obama’s opponents (translation: the Tea Party):
The movie is notable for the emphasis it places on the extremist element of Mr. Obama’s political opponents. It includes scenes from the raucous Tea Party-dominated protests outside the Capitol as Congress was considering the president’s health care overhaul plan.
Chants of “Kill the bill!” are heard alongside video of protesters holding signs with various slogans and images that are derogatory toward the president. One reads “You Lie!” while another shows the president crawling out of a coffin with the letters “R.I.P” on it.
“It’ll be a cold day in hell before he socializes my country,” says one man in a news clip from a New Orleans television station.
Hot Air’s Allahpundit is much more snarky:
The official title: “The Road We’ve Traveled.” My title: Three Years of Glory.
It’s all here. Protracted high unemployment, a catastrophic health-care boondoggle, aimlessness in Afghanistan, Iran nearing nuclear breakout capacity, soaring gas prices, and of course historic deficits on top of a looming entitlements-driven fiscal meltdown.
Can’t wait to see it, right? Well, just in case you actually can’t — meaning you don’t have 17 minutes — the folks over at Bulletpeople.com have condensed the 17-minute version down to 10 by speeding up the narration and using subtitles. Not only does it save time, but it makes Tom Hanks, Rahm Emanuel, and David Axelrod sound like they haven’t slept in four years and have been living on a stead stream of caffeine IVs. And the president like he’s a robot:
- Obama Campaign Paid $345,000 For Guggenheim’s The Road We’ve Traveled (mediaite.com)
- GOP Gently Mocks Obama Propaganda Film With New Poster (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Piers Morgan Mocks Director Of Obama Movie (huffingtonpost.com)