Founded August 15th 2010
- 1,571,790 hits
samiam60 on Obama is no Ordinary Weak… BPI reblog Daily Arc… on Obama is no Ordinary Weak… samiam60 on Obama is no Ordinary Weak… samiam60 on Obama is no Ordinary Weak… samiam60 on Obama is no Ordinary Weak…
Most Recent Posts
- Obama is no Ordinary Weakling
- Where have all the Patriots Gone?
- Middle East Crisis – Border Crisis – Ukraine Crisis and Obama’s Fundraising Trips
- I Smell a Rat…in the Oval
- A Pictureview of Obama’s Fundamental Transformation of America!
- I am but one Voice in a Sea of Apathy
- The Four Horsemen of the American Apocalypse
- I’ll Be Back
- Has Barack Obama Ushered in 1984 ?
- Freedom, is never easy…. Independence, is never soft
- By the Dawns Early Light, or America’s Last Independence Day?
- A Dose of Reality…
- Raiders of the Lost Emails
- While you were Sleeping America…
- Only in America…
- At what Price Freedom?
- Happy Days Are Gone Again…by Bob Mack
- What Father’s Day is really about
- Tea Party Rising
- Why I Stand with the Tea Party…by Samiam60
- Obama’s Blatant Disregard for Congress and our Military Leaders
- Remembering D-Day 70 Years Later
- The Untold Story of Racism in America
- POLICE STATE USA…Can it Happen?
- Your Electric Rates will necessarily Skyrocket…Barack Obama
- Welcome to the United Socialist States of America
- Meet the White House Commies
- America’s Sunset Years…
- A Memorial Day Tribute to those who paid the Ultimate Price for Our Freedom
- Socialist Terminators of the American Dream
- Death Panels at the Veterans Affairs Health Care system?
- Mr. President, lets have a Real Conversation about Racism in America
- Why Americans choose Slavery while the rest of the World begs to be Free…by Brittius
- The Truth about the Benghazi COVER UP…by Judge Jeanine
- Occupied America
- Born Free in the U.S.A
- With this administration, everyday should be a National Day of Prayer!
- From Camelot to Destruction…The American Story?
- Freedom’s Last Stand…by AFVet
- God gave us His Best on Good Friday
- OOPSIE: Obama’s Failed Invasion of Nevada
- Americans Stand their Ground in Nevada!
- A lesson for America from Vladimir Putin!
- Righting the Ship…by AFVet
- A Prayer was said in School….Oh My
- America needs a Real President
- MR. PRESIDENT…..
- God’s Bold Predictions -v- Glenn Beck
- China Fed Up with Michelle Obama Entourage
- Putin’s Brinksmanship -v- Obama’s Empty Threats
Voting American Archives
Tag Archives: Piers Morgan
From The Blaze we read:
GOP Ridicules Obama ‘Documentary’ With New Poster
“It wasn‘t shovel ready and it wasn’t even paid for,” the RNC has added to the film’s title, “The Road We’ve Traveled.”
But what was that about the documentary being “incredibly expensive”?
According The Daily Caller [emphasis added]:
Records filed by Obama for America with the Federal Election Commission indicate that the president’s re-election campaign shelled out at least $345,353 to commission “The Road We’ve Traveled,” a 17-minute campaign documentary by Academy Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim, set for release Thursday.
So remember that conversation between CNN’s Piers Morgan and the film’s director Davis Guggenheim:
Morgan: “How much did it cost and who paid?”
Guggenheim: “Well, I’ll let the campaign tell you that. I — you know, I took a pay cut to make this. But the –”
Morgan: “I‘m surprised you weren’t paying him, by the sound of it, for the sheer honor and joy.”
Considering the fact that the “documentary” cost the Obama campaign $20,300 per minute, the only question we have is this: what, exactly, was Guggenheim working on that taking the time off to direct “The Road We’ve Traveled” would qualify as a pay cut?
And although the GOP’s criticism may have been harsh, it seems there is little love lost between them and president. Shortly after the graphic was released, President Obama had some words of his own for his conservative critics.
“Lately, we have heard a lot of professional politicians, a lot of the folks who were, you know, running for a certain office, who shall go unnamed, they’ve been talking down new sources of energy,” Obama told a crowd during a speech in Maryland.
“They dismiss wind power. They dismiss solar power. They make jokes about biofuels. They were against raising fuel standards. I guess they like gas guzzlers. They think that’s good for our future. We’re trying to move towards the future, they want to be stuck in the past!” the president said.
“We’ve heard this kind of thinking before. Let me tell you something, if some of these folks were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the flat earth society. They would not have believed that the world was round,” he added.
(H/T: The Washington Examiner)
More from The Blaze:
What ‘Distortion’ Did the NYTimes Find in the Entire, Just-Released Obama ‘Documentary?’
We’re nearly to the summer blockbuster season. And what better way to kick it off than with the much-touted, 17-minute Obama “documentary” commissioned by the Obama campaign?
The movie, made by the man who can’t find a fault in the president and ridiculed by Republicans with a special poster, has just been released in its entirety. We’ve covered two of the leaked clips before (which focuses a lot of attention on the killing of bin Laden), and now you get to see what all the fuss is about.
So what are you in for? Well, for starters, even the New York Times is finding at least one “distortion” in it:
The film devotes a significant amount of time – nearly three minutes – to the president’s backing of a financial rescue package for Detroit automakers. And it highlights Mitt Romney’s New York Times Op-Ed from that period, when he argued that the car companies should not receive any government assistance. The headline, “Let Detroit Go Bankrupt,” is framed in bright red for emphasis.
Rahm Emanuel, the former White House chief of staff, characterizes Mr. Romney’s stance on the auto industry with a dismissive wave of the hand, saying “Let it go.”
This is somewhat of a distortion. Mr. Romney advocated for a managed bankruptcy, not a liquidation of the company. Auto executives and government officials involved in the bailout have repeatedly said that without federal intervention there would have been no path to bankruptcy, and the companies would have collapsed. [Emphasis added]
Click here to find out more!
But wait, there’s more. It also covers, according to the Times, the “extremist element” of Obama’s opponents (translation: the Tea Party):
The movie is notable for the emphasis it places on the extremist element of Mr. Obama’s political opponents. It includes scenes from the raucous Tea Party-dominated protests outside the Capitol as Congress was considering the president’s health care overhaul plan.
Chants of “Kill the bill!” are heard alongside video of protesters holding signs with various slogans and images that are derogatory toward the president. One reads “You Lie!” while another shows the president crawling out of a coffin with the letters “R.I.P” on it.
“It’ll be a cold day in hell before he socializes my country,” says one man in a news clip from a New Orleans television station.
Hot Air’s Allahpundit is much more snarky:
The official title: “The Road We’ve Traveled.” My title: Three Years of Glory.
It’s all here. Protracted high unemployment, a catastrophic health-care boondoggle, aimlessness in Afghanistan, Iran nearing nuclear breakout capacity, soaring gas prices, and of course historic deficits on top of a looming entitlements-driven fiscal meltdown.
Can’t wait to see it, right? Well, just in case you actually can’t — meaning you don’t have 17 minutes — the folks over at Bulletpeople.com have condensed the 17-minute version down to 10 by speeding up the narration and using subtitles. Not only does it save time, but it makes Tom Hanks, Rahm Emanuel, and David Axelrod sound like they haven’t slept in four years and have been living on a stead stream of caffeine IVs. And the president like he’s a robot:
- Obama Campaign Paid $345,000 For Guggenheim’s The Road We’ve Traveled (mediaite.com)
- GOP Gently Mocks Obama Propaganda Film With New Poster (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Piers Morgan Mocks Director Of Obama Movie (huffingtonpost.com)