The above is actually a half-true answer.
If she were in fact disbarred, then yes, she would not be able to get a license to practice elsewhere in the country. However, to then equate her circumstances to “disbarred” is recklessly inaccurate, and ill informed of the process of attorney discipline.
Her status is “Voluntarily inactive and not authorized to practice law”, which is far from disbarred. It also states “public record of discipline-none” (disbarment is public discipline), and “pending proceedings-none” Don’t let the “not authorized to practice law” fool you. “Voluntarily inactive” simply means she has let her license expire, and thus, “not authorized to practice law”. Why? There are many reasons attorneys allow their license to expire. Retired. Moved to another state (as she did) and did not wish to renew license in the past state. Personal hiatus, such as concentrating on raising a family (as she has). Career change. Death. It could also mean someone was possibly facing some form of discipline (even disbarment), and retired in lieu of discipline. Her reason(s) I do not know. “Voluntarily inactive” is the key phrase. Voluntary means she has chosen to be inactive, disbar means it was chosen for her. Big difference. If she were disbarred, it would likely say disbarred. I happen to disbar attorneys for a living, so I’m not exactly in the dark on the subject. Without much to go on, except what her status reads, I am of the conclusion she simply chose to not renew her license. Certainly not disbarred.
I believe that the answer above is Incorrect and PC.
Allow me to Correct this Answer:
She was “court-ordered to be placed voluntarily inactive.” Big difference from just plain ole “voluntarily inactive.” Don’t confuse the verbiage by protecting her rear end. She doesn’t deserve it. Court-ordered is not good. She either was involved in fraud, manipulation of evidence, lying (she is Barack are good at that), contempt of court, unethical activity or illegal activity. I suspect knowing her low character, it is one of them. She and Barack both are of poor quality and low character. They are both embarrassments to this country.
Poorly researched, and poorly explained. Wonder wonder me too’s opinions are one thing, but his or her knowledge of the subject has resulted in a typical non-researched, unfounded internet answer.
Here is the pertinent excerpt from the Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission ARDC of the Illinois Supreme Court:
“E. Supreme Court – Non-Disciplinary Action
In addition to activity in disciplinary cases, the Supreme Court entertains pleadings in non-disciplinary matters that affect an attorney’s status. Chart 17 reflects the orders entered in such cases during 2000. With the amendments to Rules 756 and 770, adding an inactive status registration category and deleting Rule 770 court-ordered inactive status, effective beginning with the 2000 registration year, transfers to inactive status are now accomplished without Court order, and, therefore, are no longer reflected in Chart 17. As was true in 1999 when the rule amendments were announced, many lawyers who had transferred to inactive status under Rule 770 petitioned to return to active status under Rule 759, with the result that the number of petitions filed under Rule 759 was significantly higher for 1999 and 2000 than in past years. The transition stage will end during 2001, and there should be a significant drop-off in Rule 759 filings in future years. “
This is a verbatim quote from the ARDC Website, found at:
1) According to the ARDC, ALL lawyers who requested inactive status prior to 2000 had to obtain a court order in order to receive it.
2) There are NO disciplinary actions against Michelle Obama.
3) Her license is listed as “VOLUNTARILY [emphasis is mine] inactive.”
In other words, before 2000, any lawyer who wanted to go on VOLUNTARY inactive status had to get a court order to do so. Therefore, ALL lawyers who voluntarily became inactive – did so via COURT ORDER. There were NO disciplinary actions against Mrs. Obama. She is eligible to return to active status at any time by paying her fees and completing the continuing education required of all lawyers.
So, the ARDC’s site indicates that her VOLUNTARILY inactive status came at HER request and was granted by a court order, as was ROUTINE before 2000.
NOTHING on their site says or implies that there was a disciplinary aspect to it.
Will we ever really know the Truth about Both of the Obama’s?
Sealed Records make that Highly Unlikely!
On my prior post I mentioned I didn’t know how much information was sealed or missing. I decided to post them here, with minor changes to delete the HTML coding and a couple of grammar mistakes. Other than that, the missing information is very interesting. Especially when Michelle Obama has been thrown into the mix.
I culled from John’s affidavit what is undoubtedly an incomplete list of the Obama documents that we, the people, have just never gotten a look at due to Obama’s decision not to let us look.
Sure, there’s (1) the original, long-form 1961 Hawaiian birth certificate. Then there’s:
2) Marriage license between Obama’s father (Barack Sr.) and mother (Stanley Ann Dunham) — not found, not released
3) Obama’s baptism records — sealed
4) Obama’s adoption records — sealed
5) Records of Obama’s and his mother’s repatriation as US citizens on return from Indonesia — not found, not released
6) Name change (Barry Sotero to Barack Hussein Obama) records — not found, not released
7) Noelani Elementary School (Hawaii) — not released
8) Punahou School financial aid or school records — not released
9) Occidental College financial aid records — not released. (These records were, however, subpoenaed but Obama lawyers succeeded in quashing the subpoena in court. No other Occi records have been released.)
10) Columbia College records — not released
11) Columbia senior thesis — not released
12) Harvard Law School records (not mentioned below, but not released)
13) Obama’s law client list — sealed
14) Obama’s files from career as an Illinois State Senator — sealed
15) Obama’s record with Illinois State Bar Association — sealed
16) Obama’s medical records — not released
17) Obama’s passport records — not released
Read below, “The Case Against Barack Hussein Obama”: “The Case Against Barack Hussein Obama” Jun 4 Written by: Diana West Friday, … Read More
The Jury is still out on this one my Friends