20 Signs You Are Living in a Progressive Utopia
It can be said that progressivism at its core seeks to turn the world upside down.
It is an ideology and a tactic of modern-day Sophists who seek to replace facts with narrative, justice with injustice, morality with immorality and virtue with vice — but it does so with a smile on its face.
Consequently, in order to identify whether one is in fact living in a progressive Utopia, one merely needs to identify instances in one’s society, economy and political system, themselves a natural outgrowth of the culture (itself an outgrowth of the ideas that a people has imbibed), in which facts, logic and history have been shoved aside in favor of the whims of the wise collective.
Here are 20 signs that you might be living in such a blissful place:
1) When the executive branch has effectively become the legislative branch
2) When the notions of secure borders and national sovereignty are considered thinly-veiled euphemisms for racial hatred
3) When justice means determining a person is guilty before seeing any evidence, then rioting, looting and destroying property when said person does not even make it to trial
4) When those who riot, loot and destroy property are considered freedom-fighters, and those who peacefully assemble are considered radical extremists
5) When criminals advise law enforcement on how to do its job
6) When those who see every issue through the prism of race, sex and class are considered paragons of tolerance, and those who see people as individuals are racist, sexist bigots
7) When illegal immigrants are granted equal if not greater ”rights” and benefits than law abiding citizens
8) When instead of targeting the jihadists responsible for committing the murders of thousands of innocents, the government targets the counter-jihadists
9) When the leaders of your Republic defend to the death those who wish to destroy her, while deriding those who wish to save her
10) When countries like Egypt and the United Arab Emirates designate the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization, but yours does not
11) When Christianity and Judaism can be unmercifully attacked, yet Islam and sharia law may not even be critically examined
12) When the people overwhelmingly despise and distrust its leaders, yet continually votes to cede more and more of its rights to said leaders
13) When a person commits a crime or act of violence, and the first question asked is what society did to make that person commit the act of crime or violence
14) When wealth redistribution is considered moral, and wealth creation is considered immoral
15) When protecting, and thereby creating favored groups of people by law is considered equality
15a) When the government groups individuals by race, class, sex and religion, in and of itself
16) When you cannot discern where government ends and the media begins
17) When facts and logic are considered secondary to narrative, lest they be considered at all
18) When the people believe that Western civilization is inherently evil, and its enemies inherently good and worthy of coddling
19) When the people believe that government, not the Creator, grants them rights
19a) When the people believe that entitlements are rights in and of themselves
20) When breaking the Ten Commandments is considered the rule, and following them the exception
You know your living in a Country run by Idiots when…..
1. If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally, you live in a country run by idiots.
2. If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion, you live in a country run by idiot.
3. If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor or check out a library book, but not to vote on who runs the government, you live in a country run by idiots.
4. If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy leaders in Egypt, you live in a country run by idiots.
5. If, in the largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24 ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat, you live in a country run by idiots.
6. If an 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched, you live in a country run by idiots.
7. If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more, you live in a country run by idiots.
8. If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of grade school for saying his teacher’s “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable, you live in a country run by idiots.
9. If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing and free cell phones, you live in a country run by idiots.
10. If the government’s plan for getting people back to work is to incentivize NOT working, with 99 weeks of unemployment checks and no requirement to prove they applied but can’t find work, you live in a country run by idiots.
11. If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government, you live in a country run by idiots.
So now you know where the American Dream went!